The 55 Plus Seniors Program of The Union Gospel Mission of Dallas seeks to make the following improvements in the lives of men who reside at Calvert Place as clients:
- Meet spiritual needs by presenting clients complete in God through a saving knowledge in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Meet social needs through seminars, workshops and café-style gathering, sight-seeing tours, recreational activities (e.g. fishing, bowling, & sporting activities).
- Meet economic needs through vocational & job training, as well as apprenticeship and on the job training and referrals.
- Meet relational issues through conflict resolution, mending broken relationships between families, friends and society at large in seminars, workshops and one-on-one meetings.
- Meet health issues through referrals and didactic seminars and workshops on myths on aging and emotions like stress and depression.
The Union Gospel Mission of Dallas 55 Plus Seniors Program is in two tracks:
- Track I – Attend Adult Educational Class from Monday to Thursdays with the following benefits – Housing, Job, Budget & Savings, Spiritual Development, Health, Legal and Counseling.
- Track II – Must stay at UGM premises during the day and must be prepared to do assigned duties based on one’s health. All appointments outside UGM Calvert Place must be approved by a Chaplain on duty
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be a client at the Union Gospel Mission of Dallas
- Must profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior – A Christian
- Must attend church every Sunday and be active in a Bible believing church
- Must be male and at least 55 years of age and above
- Must have non life threatening health issues
- Must be prepared to meet a counselor twice a month.
- Must attend adult educational class from Monday to Thursday.
Subscribe to get the latest news from the Mission.